With the constant technological progress and the vast availability of new tools and functionalities that can make practically any aspect of a business more effective and efficient, now is the best time to become a small business owner. All those new apps and tools can unlock some new possibilities for small companies and can help them grow to astonishing heights.
A couple of decades ago small business owners had to cope with responsibilities that were out of their field of expertise and the only other option would be to outsource them to other professionals which would be very expensive.
Nowadays, everything is different, they can do most of the work on their own with the help of their smartphones or desktop computers and they don’t even have to be computer-savvy.
They can create a professional website for their business, take payments, manage complex budgets and much more.
With the massive expansion and growth of mobile technology, we don’t even need our desktop computers anymore. We can do almost everything on our smartphones at any time and everywhere we want. This ability to work from anywhere at any given time is a game changer for most small business owners and other business professionals. The only problem here is finding the right apps that will benefit you and your business the most.
Below, you will find the list of some of the best apps for running and managing a small business. We hope you will enjoy our picks!
1. Google Drive
We previously mentioned it in our article about productivity apps, but Google Drive can also be of great help when we talk about small business. Out of the box you get 15GB of storage for free which is shared across Gmail, Google Drive and Google Photos. All of your data is accessible on any device from anywhere and at any given time.
By using the app you can:
- View and store documents, photos, videos, PDFs and the list goes on.
- Easily search files by the name and content.
- Share files and folders with colleagues and set sharing permissions to comment, view or edit.
- View selected files offline.
- Quickly access recent and most used files.
2. PDF Converter Ultimate
If you are dealing with a lot of documents on a regular basis than this app is for you. With the help of PDF Converter Ultimate app, you can easily convert all your PDF documents into editable file formats and vice versa. The beauty of this app lays in its ease of use and high-quality conversion output result.
Some of its most notable features are:
- There is no limit on file size and the number of files you can convert.
- You can convert documents into more than 20 popular file formats and vice versa.
- The app supports most popular cloud services like Dropbox, Drive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud and more.
All the files are converted on their servers, and after conversion is completed, the result is downloaded to your device and files are being deleted from the servers. This is great because the app won’t overload your processor, neither it will drain your battery.
With DocuSign you can easily sign all kind of documents from non-disclosure agreements to sales contracts right on your mobile device. Feature we love the most is the ability to send complete documents to others to sign and you can even add “sign here” tags that will show them precisely where to put their signature.
Other notable features are:
- There is no monthly limit for filling out and eSigning documents.
- On the go feature which lets you import and prepare a document using only your mobile device.
- Receive push notifications when documents are signed.
- DocuSign’s legal signatures comply with the eSign Act and the app is ISO 27001 SSAE16 compliant.
- Documents are encrypted which makes them safer and more secure than paper.
Slack is a perfect application for businesses with remote working teams that need to be in constant communication with each other. The app allows you to organize your team workflows in separate channels but also provides the ability for members to send private messages to each other.
Other notable features are:
- Members can drag and drop files within the app for easy sharing.
- All conversations are saved so you can easily pull up any conversation from before.
- It integrates into your workflow and with the tools and services you already use such as Asana, Salesforce, Google Drive, Dropbox, Twitter, Zendesk, and more.
The free version of the app archives 10,000 of the most recent messages regardless of the number of users. If you would like to get more, you can upgrade for a reasonable fee.
This app can enable small business owners and entrepreneurs to organize and conduct their meetings from anywhere in the world. It allows them to meet with employees or investors without the need of meeting in person. You can join, host or schedule a meeting session right from your mobile device.
The app has some neat features:
- You can share the complete screen of your device with everyone attending the meeting.
- Participants can brainstorm together using on-screen markers and whiteboard (iPad only).
- If wanted, you can seamlessly transfer the session form mobile device to your computer or vice versa.
We know that 5 apps aren’t much, but we tried to bring you the ones that will help you make the most out of your work. You can also check our other article where we talk about apps we use to increase our productivity.
So follow us on our social media channels and stay tuned for the big news.